Supplier Diversity Program
Rutgers’ Supplier Diversity Program seeks to build business relationships between qualified minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, and small business enterprises and the University.
Our Commitment to Diversity
To diversify our supplier base, University Procurment Services educates and encourages small and diverse suppliers to compete for university business opportunities. More specifically, we
- Serve as a link between minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, and/or small business enterprises, and the Rutgers University community
- Recruit qualified minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, and/or small business enterprises
- Educate minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, and/or small business enterprises about the University’s procurement processes
- Encourage diverse suppliers to become certified with recognized federal, state, and third-party agencies
- Advocate for the inclusion of qualified minority-owned, women-owned, veteran-owned, and/or small business enterprises in the purchasing activities of the University
- Foster alliances and partnerships between diverse suppliers and larger suppliers
- Assist crafting Small Business Subcontracting Plans in grant proposals
Doing Business with Rutgers
To participate in the Supplier Diversity Program, a company must be at least 51% owned, controlled, and operated by a United States citizen(s) who is:
- a veteran
- a woman
Recognized Certifying Agencies
To do business with Rutgers as a minority-owned, women-owned, or veteran-owned enterprise, the business should be certified by one of the following agencies:
- New Jersey Department of the Treasury—Division of Revenue (PDF)
- New Jersey Transit
- New Jersey Department of Transportation
- The Port Authority of New York and New Jersey
- NY & NJ Minority Supplier Development Council, or its national affiliate
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council
- U.S. Small Business Administration, Section 8(a)
The university also recognizes small disadvantaged business enterprises that are certified by the United States Small Business Administration.
How to Register to Do Business
If your company can provide a product or service that fits Rutgers’ needs and you are interested in pursuing opportunities with the University, we encourage you to:
- Obtain membership in and be certified by one or more of the recognized certification organizations.
- Contact the appropriate category manager to introduce your company.