A professional service provider is an independent contractor or company that provides infrequent, technical, or specialized services to Rutgers.
If you need to engage the services of a professional service provider, for example a medical coder, photographer, or market researcher, you need to complete certain documents.
To engage an IT professional, please work with our Information Technology purchasing team. You may be required to fill out one or more of these forms to engage a service provider:
- Independent Contractor or Employee Determination Form (ICED) (PDF)
- Professional Service Provider Agreement (PSPA) (DOC)
- Scope of Work (SOW) (DOC)
You can download these documents, complete them electronically, and upload them to RU Marketplace to attach with your initial requisition order.
Please be mindful that in order to ensure timely processing of purchase orders, and to ensure that supplier performance will begin when needed, all contracts have to be submitted at least 60 days before the contract start date to allow us sufficient time to review and negotiate.
Professional Services Provider MATRIX
Other Professional Services
Not all professional services are handled by University Procurement Services.
- If you need an accountant or auditor, please contact the Office of the University Controller.
- If you need an architect, construction project manager, engineer, or landscape architect, please contact Institutional Planning and Operations.
- If you need a lawyer or legal support services, please contact the Office of the Senior Vice President and General Counsel.
- If you don't see the professional service you seek listed, please contact us.