Purchasing Air or Rail Travel Tickets Using Direct Billing Option
Purchasing rail or airline tickets using the direct billing option is a three-step process:
1. Complete and submit the online Travel Order Form.
2. Travelers will receive a PDF upon submission of the form. Print out the PDF, sign it, scan and email to the travel agency (Find Products) that will purchase the airline or rail tickets.
3. Travelers must keep a copy of the signed form for their own records.
Please note: airline or rail ticket(s) will not be issued if the traveler does not fax the signed, completed Travel Order Form to the ticketing airline or rail travel agency.
Have a question about the travel order form? Contact University Accounting Office at 848-445-8290 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Complete the Online Form
Complete all sections and submit the online Travel Order Form: (*) Fields are required in order to submit the form.
*Order Type: Specify if this is a “new request” or a “change to a previously submitted request.” If it’s a change, please provide the number of the original travel order (see emailed PDF).
*Travel Agency: Select the preferred agency.
*Project Segments and/or General Ledger String(s): The number of characters required for each field is denoted. For Account Expenditure Type, use the drop-down menu under General Ledger String to select an Expenditure Type.
*Traveler’s Information: All fields are required, including traveler's name, phone number, fax number, complete mailing address (including building and office number), unit’s name and the requestor’s name and phone number (requestor can be a support staff person, e.g. an administrative assistant).
*Type of Travel: Select one the type of travel that applies (select only one). If selecting “other,” please specify. Note: If selecting Group Travel, use one submission for travelers with the same itinerary and same purpose. Please provide an addendum sheet with all passengers’ names and fare amounts.
*Trip Itinerary: Provide start and end date of travel (mm/did/yyyy), mode of transportation (e.g. air or rail), ticket price, departure city and arrival city. If trip requires multiple travel segments/legs, use the additional areas provided.
*Total Fare Amount: Provide total fare amount including commissions.
*Purpose of Travel: Briefly describe the purpose of the travel.
*Email/Confirm Email: Note: this is the email where the PDF form will be sent.
SUBMIT THE FORM:
After completing all of the required fields on the form, click on the “Submit this Form to Receive PDF via Email” button. A PDF version of the form will be sent to the requestor’s email address that the requestor was provided on the form.
2. Print and Sign the Emailed PDF
- Retrieve the PDF version of the travel order form.
- Print out the Travel Order and review it for accuracy.
- Either the requestor or traveler may sign the form.
- Have the authorizing person (based on existing unit procedures) sign the form.
3. Scan or Fax the Travel Order to Travel Agency and Mail the Original to University Accounting
- Scan or fax the signed PDF to the travel agency that will purchase the airline or rail tickets (see agencies below).
- Submit the same signed form to University Accounting within two days of scanning or faxing the signed travel order form to the travel agency. Direct the form to University Accounting at:
Attention: Travel Order Form via:
- Email: email@example.com (Please include the original, signed form is preferred.)
- Mail: University Accounting,
33 Knightsbridge Road, Second Floor, West Wing
Piscataway, NJ 08854
(Please include the original, signed form is preferred.)
- Note: The unit may make a copy of the form for its records.
IMPORTANT: airline or rail ticket(s) will not be issued if the traveler fails to fax the signed and completed form to the airline or rail ticketing travel agency.
Have a question about the travel order form?
Contact the University Accounting Office at 848-445-8290
or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a question about the travel order form? Contact the University Accounting Office at 848-445-8290 or email: email@example.com.