The RU Marketplace system re-engineers how we procure and pay for goods and services, and how we reimburse expenses. This revamp is part of Rutgers' larger Cornerstone effort that lays the groundwork to modernize, unify, and simplify university finance and human resources systems.
The new online system covers all stages of the procurement-to-payment process. This approach provides us with comprehensive data to measure the effectiveness of contracts, transaction approval cycle times, and use of automated invoice processing.
- Management of purchases through a paperless process
- Negotiated contract pricing
- Tracking to manage supplier compliance
- Lower invoice processing costs
- Bidding procedures that help improve efficiency and save money
- A consolidated repository of supplier information
What This Means for You
- A unified, easier-to-navigate system
- Improved transparency for transactions
- Comprehensive reporting functions
- Best practices that streamline workflows and save costs
Accessing RU Marketplace
Approved personnel can access RU Marketplace through the myRutgers Portal. People in your department or unit will have different roles when using RU Marketplace:
- Shoppers can browse catalogs but usually can't place requisition orders. They send desired "shopping carts" of goods to requisitioners. As you shop, all departments should look for contracts that Rutgers has negotiated with suppliers. Buying from these suppliers helps us gain a better picture of our overall buying patterns and strategies to keep down costs.
- Requisitioners can receive shopping carts from shoppers and make requisitions.
- Approvers can view requisitions, verify requested goods or services meet a business need, confirm requisitions are allowed under the terms imposed by a funding source, and greenlight requisitions and invoices for processing by Procurement Services.
Designated department personnel need to understand and receive training in the new RU Marketplace system. The Cornerstone website has information about signing up for training and answers many questions people may have about the training process.
You can access training materials at any time at our page on the Canvas online learning management system.