Adding A New Supplier
At Rutgers, we have tens of thousands of suppliers are already available for purchasing goods and services in a wide range of commodity categories. To support discretionary spending, sourcing strategies, and tail spend control, please evaluate the necessary, appropriate, and reasonable discretionary spending framework before inviting a new supplier.
Evaluate whether it is necessary, appropriate, and reasonable to invite a new supplier based on the following:
- Can you make the purchase from the Punchout catalogs?
- Can you make the purchase from existing suppliers in RU Marketplace?
- Is this a Non-PO transaction - transaction that is not for Goods or Services?
- Can you make the purchase through existing universitywide contracts?
Examples of commodity categories with existing universitywide contracts:
- Computers, IT and electronics, hardware with B&H Foto, CDW, Dell, SHI, GovConnection, and MRA International
- Copiers, Printers, Multi-function Devices with Ricoh
- Lab, research, medical/dental supplies equipment with VWR
- Office supplies with Office Depot
- Promotional items with Consolidus
- Water with DS Services
Reminder: No new suppliers for promotional merchandise, apparel, signs, displays or awards, should be invited or added without approval from the Office of Trademark Licensing (email@example.com) in University Communications & Marketing.
After all options have been explored, please invite the supplier through PaymentWorks Invitation.
We encourage you to view our Supplier Onboarding and Maintenance FAQs and job aids available through Canvas. Training will cover inviting suppliers, checking supplier onboarding statuses, and searching for suppliers in PaymentWorks.
If you have technical issues with PaymentWorks, contact the PaymentWorks Help Center - Links: