Waiver of Bid
Initiate a waiver of bid purchase
If an item is $10,000 or greater and can only be purchased from one supplier, the purchase will require the unit to complete a Waiver of Bid Request form.
- Confirm that the good or service is not a university-wide contracted supplier.
- If the good or service is not on a university-wide contract, contact University Procurement Services Help Desk to confirm if there is another contract available.
- If the purchase is a Waiver of Bid Request, create a requisition in RU Marketplace.
- Complete the Waiver of Bid Request Form. See instructions prior to purchase.
- University Procurement Services reviews the form for approval, and will contact the unit if there are any issues or questions.
- Verify whether there is a separate contract that needs to be to executed prior to purchase order issuance.
- Attach form and proposed contract, if required.