Initiate a Check Request
When do I use a check request?
Certain goods or services like subscriptions, refunds and honoraria don’t require an Internal Purchase Order (IPO) or a purchase order. Depending on the Payment Type from the matrix, a check request may need to be initiated prior to receipt of the goods or services. Reference the Non-PO Transaction Matrix to see if the good or service can be paid by check request. Password is matrix.
If the purchase cannot be paid by check request, review the Make a Purchase process to determine the best payment method.
How do I submit a check request?
- Confirm that the good or service can be paid by check request.
- Once confirmed, complete the Check Request form in RU Marketplace.
- In RU Marketplace go to the left-hand side Shop menu, then click Shopping
- Look for Go To under Shopping
- Under Go To, click View Forms
- Under Shared Forms, click on the Check Request form
- If the payee is not in the system, complete and submit the New Supplier Request Form under Supplier/Request New Suppliers in RU Marketplace.
- In RU Marketplace click on the left-hand side menu Suppliers, then click on Requests
- Once in Requests, click on Request New Supplier
- Submit the Check Request form. Units paying by wire transfer must follow the Wire Transfer process after completing this form.
- Track the check request status in RU Marketplace. Status can be checked by inputting a requisition number, purchase order or invoice number in the search bar on the upper right-hand side of the homepage. Use the Execute a Document Search job aid for assistance.
- Accounts Payable prints and mails the check to the supplier after unit approvals.
- Supplier receives payment.
Related Job Aids and Training