Pay an Invoice
Once a good or service has been received, the invoice generated by the supplier is ready for payment.
The following steps outline the process for the payment of an invoice
- Initiate the purchase order (See Make a Purchase).
- Receive the good or service.
- Wait for the supplier to generate the invoice (with PO#) and send to email@example.com. Invoices should not be sent to the unit.
- Track the status of the invoice in RU Marketplace. Status can be checked by inputting a requisition number, purchase order or invoice number in the search bar on the upper right-hand side of the homepage. Use the Execute a Document Search job aid for assistance.
- Receive notification from RU Marketplace that the invoice is fully processed and scheduled for payment.
- Approve the invoice (if the invoice is $5,000 or greater). Approval will not result in double payment.
- Wait for the fully processed and approved invoice to route from RU Marketplace to Oracle Financials. The expense hits the General Ledger (G/L) or project, after which the supplier receives the payment according to the purchase order's payment terms and method.
What if there is an invoice issue?
Related Job Aids and Training
Execute a Document Search
Procurement and Payment Policy (PDF)