Initiate a Pre-Payment
Pre-payments are limited cases where payment is required prior to the receipt of goods or services. The pre-payment process only applies to purchase order-based purchases. Refer to the Make a Purchase process to confirm that the purchase should be a purchase order.
To initiate a Pre-Payment
- Determine the need for a pre-payment.
- Confirm that the purchase is via purchase order (PO).
- Follow the purchase order process (it is advisable to include "pre-payment" in the product description).
- Once the PO is approved, prepare and submit the Pre-Payment Form (with PO number) within RU Marketplace.
- Go to the left-hand side Shop menu and click on Shopping
- Under Go To, click View Forms
- Click on Supplemental Forms under Shared Forms
- Select Pre-Payment Request form
- Provide the information requested on the form, including the PO number.
- Submit the form for approval.
- Track the status of the pre-payment RU Marketplace. Status can be checked by inputting a requisition number, purchase order or invoice number in the search bar on the upper right-hand side of the homepage. Use the Execute a Document Search job aid for assistance.
- Wait for Accounts Payable to review, process and send the pre-payment.
Related Job Aids and Training